My latest batch of games for sale is up on Ebay and the auctions areÂ due to to end on 30th June.
Included this time are:
- Michael Schacht’s Richelieu;
- Valentin Hermann’s X-Net;
- Uwe Rosenberg’s Bohnroschen expansion for Bohnanza / Ladybohn;
- Bruno Faidutti’s Die Dunklen Lande expansion for Ohne Furcht Und Adel;
- Atta Ants;
- And several more card games: Penguin Ultimatum, Control Nut, Dia de los Muertos, Bayon and Rotundo
Last but not least is the Spiele aus Timbuktu box, which was designed to hold various games released by that company over the years and has several full games and expansions (12 to be precise) included. All the details can be found here.
Just a last minute reminder that this weekend sees the annual UK Games Expo take place in Birmingham. The full details are on the website here but, in summary, the event runs from 4th-6th June with the main public opening hoursÂ being fromÂ 9.30am till 5pm Sarurday and 9.30am till 4pm Sunday. The venue is:
The Clarendon Suites
Stirling Road (off Hagley Road)
Additional open gaming area is available Noon till late Friday and 7pm till late Saturday night for more gaming in the adjacent Menzies Strathallan Hotel (you do not have to pay for this and it is open to non residents).
Just a point worth mentioning, the website isÂ nice andÂ pretty but all the key information is very well hidden. It’s all tucked away in the faq section, which is accessed via a drop-down menu by hovering over the Attendee tab. This info should be a lot more prominent (please take note, Richard).
This month was going pretty well until I ordered a batch of games from Germany, hence only two off the net total:
9Â new games acquired (Egizia, Die Speicherstadt, Bananagrams, Keltis: Das Orakel, Seeland, Level X, Glen More, Drachenherz and 11 Nimmt);
1 previously played game acquired (Peloponnes + Expansion)
9Â games no longer unplayed (Bloody Legacy, Riffifi, Zahltag, Egizia, Netzwerk, Wordwild, Level X, Glen More and 11 Nimmt);
2Â games sold (Alexandros and Zwickern).
Well, June is the final month of my quest so you’ll get one more report, following which I’ll still be trying to knock the unplayed games total down but won’t be providing regular updates. I wonder how close to 50 unplayed games I can get by the end of the month.Â
The shortlist for this yearâ€™s SdJ has just been published. The nominees were:
- A La Carte by Karl Heinz SchmielÂ
- Dixit by Jean Louis RoubiraÂ
- Fresco by Marco Ruskowski and Marcel SusselbeckÂ
- Identik by William P Jacobsen and Amanda A Kohout
- Roll Through The Ages by Matt LeacockÂ
Wow! This year only one of the games picked by the jury would have been on my list (Fresco), although RttA may have been if I’d realised it was only released in Germany later last year.Â Much more in line with my judgment wasÂ the juryâ€™s list of the yearâ€™s recommended games, which was made up of:
- Level X, Stefan Risthaus
- Mosaix, Christof Tisch
- Don Quixote , Reinhard Staupe
- JÃ¤ger und Sammler, Reiner Knizia
- Jaipur, SÃ©bastien Pauchon
- Kamisado, Peter Burley
- Samarkand, David V.H. Peters & Harry Wu
- Tobago, Bruce Allen
- Hansa Teutonica, Andreas Steding
- Endeavor, Carl de Visser und Jarratt Gray
My pick for winner would be Roll Through The Ages although I wouldn’t be too upset if Fresco or Dixit won. More info about the award is here.