The nominations for the Spiel-des-Jahres have just been announced. The five nominees are:
- Blox, by Wolfgang Kramer, JÃ¼rgen P.K. Grunau, Hans Raggan(Ravensburger)
- Keltis, by Reiner Knizia (Kosmos)
- Suleika, by Dominique Erhard (Zoch)
- Stone Age, by Michael Tummelhofer (Hans im GlÃ¼ck)
- Wie verhext!, by Andreas Pelikan (alea)
The two I’ve played (Stone Age and Keltis) are both good choices and I expected them to appear on the list. The other three I don’t know too much about although the Kramer game looks too abstract to be a likely winner.
Agricola didn’t appear as a nominee but that is not a surprise as it looks a bit too complex for your typical family game. It did, however, pick up a special award.
The winner of the SdJ is announced on 30th June 2008.